The New Year is upon us. I love a fresh start, I really do. My birthday is in one week and I'm ready to get this new year on a roll. I have a lot planned for 2013 and The Sweet Bookshelf. I can't wait to get started!
I read 100 books this year. Not as many as I'd wanted but I met my goal and I'm happy with that. I have a toddler and family comes first for me. I want to keep reading a hobby and never feel like it is work. Keeping my reading to 100 is how I can do that. This past year The Sweet Bookshelf has added 2 new regular reviewer's to the ranks--Christy and Catriona. They're bringing you reviews once per week and I know I've enjoyed having them. The Sweet Bookshelf has a new romance feature titled Let's Talk Romance. Come by every Thursday and we'll have a chat! Discussion posts remain my favorite part of book blogging. Some have been duds like Reading Over the Holiday's--Relaxing or Overwhelming? While Romance Novels: Why the Stereotype? and Should Bloggers Get Paid for Their Reviews? have been a big success. It has been a fantastic year but 2013 proves to be even better!
- Have you heard the one about the Oxford English Dictionary editor that deleted thousands of words?
- How to resubmit your work to a literary magazine
- On dividing boys and girls books
- Its been a strange year for publishing. 15 WTF moments
- Available in ebook for the first time by Gail Carson Levine: Ella Enchanted, Fairest, A Tale of Two Castles!
- How to stop sabotaging your own writing
- How to submit your novel to Random House's new digital imprint. Is your novel ready?
In Case You Missed It
- Review:: Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan
- Review:: Married by Christmas by Scarlet Bailey
- Novella Review:: Santa Maybe by Scarlet Bailey
- Novella Review:: All I Want by Perry, Baldwin and Anderson
- Novella Review:: Snowed Over by Angie Stanton
- Review:: Bad Angels by Rebecca Chance
- Review:: My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr
Happy New Year Mary, looking forward to the year ahead.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year to you! I'm excited for 2013 and hoping it is my best year in blogging yet!!Delete