The New Year is upon us. I love a fresh start, I really do. My birthday is in one week and I'm ready to get this new year on a roll. I have a lot planned for 2013 and The Sweet Bookshelf. I can't wait to get started!
I read 100 books this year. Not as many as I'd wanted but I met my goal and I'm happy with that. I have a toddler and family comes first for me. I want to keep reading a hobby and never feel like it is work. Keeping my reading to 100 is how I can do that. This past year The Sweet Bookshelf has added 2 new regular reviewer's to the ranks--Christy and Catriona. They're bringing you reviews once per week and I know I've enjoyed having them. The Sweet Bookshelf has a new romance feature titled Let's Talk Romance. Come by every Thursday and we'll have a chat! Discussion posts remain my favorite part of book blogging. Some have been duds like Reading Over the Holiday's--Relaxing or Overwhelming? While Romance Novels: Why the Stereotype? and Should Bloggers Get Paid for Their Reviews? have been a big success. It has been a fantastic year but 2013 proves to be even better!
- Have you heard the one about the Oxford English Dictionary editor that deleted thousands of words?
- How to resubmit your work to a literary magazine
- On dividing boys and girls books
- Its been a strange year for publishing. 15 WTF moments
- Available in ebook for the first time by Gail Carson Levine: Ella Enchanted, Fairest, A Tale of Two Castles!
- How to stop sabotaging your own writing
- How to submit your novel to Random House's new digital imprint. Is your novel ready?
In Case You Missed It
- Review:: Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan
- Review:: Married by Christmas by Scarlet Bailey
- Novella Review:: Santa Maybe by Scarlet Bailey
- Novella Review:: All I Want by Perry, Baldwin and Anderson
- Novella Review:: Snowed Over by Angie Stanton
- Review:: Bad Angels by Rebecca Chance
- Review:: My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr