Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme at The Broke and the Bookish.
Oh boy, this is a tough one. I mean, out of all the books I've read how can I possibly choose my top 10 favorites?! I just can't I tell you! I can't! But, I will tell you some of my favorites. These are in no particular order.
- Becky Bloomwood from Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Holy laugh my butt off Batman! Becky is hilarious and fun! I'd so want to be her friend. She is smart and real. There is no fluff in these books. Becky is written so well that she is a real person with real problems and issues. Oh, her boyfriend is Luke and I love him.
- Sarah Agnes Prine of These is My Words by Nancy Turner. Sarah must be my favorite heroine to date. Period. I've never read anyone stronger than she is. She has shed blood, sweat, and tears and yet she always rises from the ashes. She is one strong woman. When I was finished reading this book I felt like I had a friend. I actually felt as if I had shared cobbler and coffee at her table. I felt as if she had held me while I cried during the hard moments of this book. She is someone I look up to, and she is fictional! Oh, and she's married to Capt Jack. *swoon*
- Avry from Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. Avry is selfless. In every sense of the word. She literally takes the pain and sickness away from others and brings it upon herself. She is kick butt too! She can fight with the best of 'em. I love a strong female lead! Oh, and she gets to make out with Kerrick. I'm pretty sure I'd die of happiness if I got to kiss him.
- Mr. Thornton from North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Screw Mr. Darcy! Mr. Thornton is where it's at! I'm not just talking about the goodness that is Richard Armitage who played Mr. Thornton in the BBC mini series. I love his character so so much. He is so hard on the outside but he melts like butter on the inside. Oh how I LOVE this book!!!!
- Razzo from River Secrets by Shannon Hale. Everyone else loves Finn--I like him too--but I'm more of a Razzo kind of girl. He's fun, silly, and loyal. What isn't to like about that?! My favorite scene is at the end when he's getting close to Dasha and he's stalling kissing her. She calls him on it! She whispers,"Your stalling." "I was not." "You were too. You're scared." "I'm not the least bit scard my lady, see?" He swept an arm under her knees and picked her up, kissing her again as he did. "Not scared a whit."
- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Lola dances to the beat of her own drum. She knows who she is and she's not afraid to show it. She's creative and passionate. I like to think we'd have been friends in high school.
- Will and Jem from Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. Oh Holy Parabati! I can not get enough of these 2 guys. Will has that bad boy streak and Jem has that touch of class. They both are full of passion. *swoon* I just don't know who I can choose! Both hold a place in Tessa's heart and mine too.
- Sebastian from What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn. I love a male POV. This is a whole book of it. THANK YOU! Sebastian is loyal. That's just him. He's funny, loving, and not afraid to admit he's a mama's boy. He wears Van's and he's got dreamy dark hair. And he's in love with his best friend. I love that. I may be married but I'd give it all up for Sebastian. Call me ;)
- Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Belly is so fun! She has friends who own a house on the beach. I'd totally be her friend so I could use the pool. J/k! I love how she's loyal to the end and never stops loving Conrad. You go girl!
- The Weasley Twins from Harry Potter by JK Rowling. They are so much fun! I like to think that we would have been friends at Hogwarts. Their scenes are my favorite and they add something special. I seriously can't get enough of them! Plus, I think they were cast perfect in the films!
If you can't tell, I like my character's loyal! That is a must in my book!!
I love Razzo, too! River Secrets might be my favorite book of the series because he's just so funny!ReplyDelete
I haven't read Clockwork Prince yet. Usually I like nice guys, though, so I'm more of a Jem fan.
Lola & Will and Jem/ So totally agreed on that. Awesome list!=DReplyDelete
Drop by my Top 10?
@pagesunbound A FELLOW RAZZO FAN!!! Yay!! I just love him. His book is so fun and he's so carefree. Plus I love that he gets Dasha. She's perfect for him.ReplyDelete
After I read Clockwork Prince I am SO a Jem fan! *swoon* I can NOT choose between these two boys.
@Fara So glad we agree!!!
Haha, the Weasely twins are a hoot -- I love their epicness. :) Great post, and you have a new follower as well! Would love it if you could check mine out: My TTT.ReplyDelete
Haha, the Weasley twins are completely awesome! And I also agree with Will and Jem - actually, pretty much any of the guys Cassandra Clare has written about!ReplyDelete
Tara @ Hey, Tara
I have Lola on my list as well. I love that girl. I wish she could be my BFF! Great list!ReplyDelete
My Top Ten Tuesday
Awww the Weasley twins! They are so cheeky and awesome...it's hard to believe what happens in the end :-(ReplyDelete
My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-characters-in.html
Some Good Ones Here :)ReplyDelete
Love this list - some of my favorite characters are represented, like the Weasley twins (and Harry & Hermoine for me too).ReplyDelete
Love so many of your picks. Lola is awesome and Will and Jem and the Weasleys! They all make me so happy!ReplyDelete
I've chosen the Weasly-twins too, but they're on first place on my list. http://whatafeeling-mailene.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-all-time.html Have a really lovely Tuesday. Nice to visit your blog. =)ReplyDelete
Love your list, although I haven't read many of these. Yay for an HP character though!ReplyDelete
Feel free to visit my list :)
I forgot about Becky! She is so hilarious and her adventures always put me in a good mood. Love the Weasley twins too!ReplyDelete
Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
I can't wait to read North and South! I own it and hope to get to it this year. :DReplyDelete
The Weasley twins are the best! Loved your blog! :)ReplyDelete
Here's my list
I love love love that you have Lola, everyone has Anna and although I like Anna, I find Lola to be a way more memorable character in my opinion. I also adore how you added the Weasley Twins!!!ReplyDelete
I haven't read Lola and the Boy Next Door yet! Sounds like I will enjoy her in the book!ReplyDelete
YAY Weasley twins!!ReplyDelete
Also - I ADORED Lola, but Cricket's the one who will stick with me...
Lola is on my list too! And the Weasley twins are probably two of the best characters ever made. Great list :)ReplyDelete
Here's my Top Ten!
Jem, yes, what a flirt :D And Weasleys of course, yay! :DReplyDelete
I love Becky! She was such a fun character and I loved her logic! :) My TTT is Favorite Characters from Fairy Tales/Fairy Tale Retellings: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/02/18/favorite-characters/ReplyDelete
Alice @ Alice in Readerland
I LOVE WILL AND JEM SO MUCH. I can hardly tell which one I love most. And I love Lola. She's such a fun character!ReplyDelete
Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict
My Top Ten