02. I have several series book sitting on my shelf that I have yet to read. I'm waiting for the last book to come out so I can gorge myself on the story and not have to wait to find out what happens next.
03. I read so much that sometime's I get fiction and reality mixed up.
04. I freaked out my husband early on in our marriage. I started feverishly reading a book the minute I got home from the book store. When he woke the next morning I was still on the couch reading... Except it was the next book in the series and I was almost finished. He thinks I'm weird because I read so fast. I now reserve reading for just before bedtime only.
05. Sometime's life is so stressful the only way to help me through is to read as much as I can. I have to get lost in another world to keep functioning.
06. I go to the library every week with my 2 yr old son. I want to peruse the isles and pick me up something but I can't. I have stacks of books to review at home. This makes me sad sometimes. But, I do grab the occasional audiobook.
07. My favorite time to read is about 5:30 am with a quiet house and natural light. Before my husband and toddler wake for the day. Peace.
08. Whenever I finish a book I briefly entertain the idea of flipping back to the beginning and reading it again. I settle for reading my favorite scenes.
09. I wish I had a friend who loves reading as much as I do.
10. I'm addicted to the romance in books. It is my sole reason for reading the book in the first place. Even if it just has a teeny tiny bit of it. I need that. I crave it. I can never get enough.
I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish
Great confessions! I especially love numbers 2, 3, 5, 8 and 9, I have also frequently done number 4 :)ReplyDelete
My Top 10 Tuesday!
You think 3 books behind is bad? I'm 14 books behind!ReplyDelete
I love reading that early in the morning. No one in the house is awake yet, so I can get some real peace and quiet (which is quite rare, living in a house of 5). I absolutely agree with number 5, and I'm guilty of frequently doing number 4.
Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews
My Top Ten
Ditto to #5 - thank goodness for books to let me escape or get some quality "me" time in :-)ReplyDelete
Oh, I love all your confessions! And I really admire your control -- I have over a thousand books on my review shelves and I STILL can't stop myself from grabbing library books. Also, with the series -- even though I can't stand waiting for the next in the series, I still read the books as they come out because I'm so impatient. Good for you for resisting!ReplyDelete
P.S. I love the Your Card at the top -- it's so very, very true!!ReplyDelete
I love #3! I do that too! Sometimes I'm so full of emotions from the book I'm reading I actually believe those are my own (if you know what I mean). It drives my boyfriend insane, because I can be very angry for no reason :P (or happy, sad...)ReplyDelete
I can SO relate to #5...and #6...oh and #8..#9...um, yeah, pretty much all of them, in fact!ReplyDelete
I think I would love to read at 5:30am before everyone in my house gets up, too, but sadly I am a night owl, and usually end up in bed around midnight. I am always ONE book behind in my Goodreads challenge! It's very frustrating.ReplyDelete
I'm only happy when I'm ahead on that Goodreads counter. I was a book behind for most of February and it upset me so much I had to stop looking at it. I'm ahead one book now but I know I'll fall behind again when I start Outlander.ReplyDelete
I can very much relate to #5. It has been a bad year for me so I am far ahead on my Goodreads counter. And Number 9. I would love a friend that loves to read for similar reasons seeking similar joys. Someone I can discuss books with. I have some readers in my circles but I don't overlap with any of them. It's hard to bond with James Patterson fans - info hungry guys - when I want to gush about a YA character that I totally relate to and first love......ReplyDelete
I agree with you on #9! One of the reasons I started blogging was to meet people who love reading like me so I could discuss books. Definitely relate to #2, #3 and #5 too. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!ReplyDelete
Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession
I can relate to a few of these, particularly 9, 4, 5, and 3. My husband definitely finds the rate I go through books frightening, but then again he's not a reader so doesn't understand the joy of reading books.ReplyDelete
Check out my TTT.
love the confessions and I love ur header, super cuteReplyDelete
Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
NEW GFC follower
Great post. I love your confessions. Good for you for being strong enough not to grab books at the library. I work at one and probably take home at least 20 a week even though I have hundreds of books at home and dozens of ARCs for review.ReplyDelete
Love these confessions!ReplyDelete
I am 9 books behind on my Goodreads List. I am getting severe anxiety. At least my reason for it, is that I have been really busy with my company! I have been known to freak out on my husband.. especially, when he chooses to speak to me during a climatic moment in a plot. Because of being so busy and having to give my husband attn. My reading too has been reserved for bedtime. However, I wish I could get up at 5:30 and read too. When I do get up at that time, it is such a peaceful feeling.
Oh my, almost all these are my habits too! :) I also like waiting for the last book to come out, that way I wont have the 'agonizing wait' phase. I can read two books a day too, and not sleep just because I'm engrossed in reading! I'm addicted to romance too, and I get lost in fictional worlds. I have friends who read, but not as much as I do :(ReplyDelete
Waiting on Wednesday
Books That Made Me Think
I'm 100% with you on number 10, I need romance in my books too and I definetly wish my closest friends loved reading as much as me.ReplyDelete
I am new to your blog, a friend sent me your link as she thought I could relate to a few of your statements. I must say she is right I can totally agree with you on many of those points. Thank you for sharing also I think you have a very nice blog.ReplyDelete
Love your confessions, i'm 4 behind on Goodreads, it is stressful, sigh. Your #8 is great, there have been a select few but I didn't read it immediately.ReplyDelete
I read a lot and I read fast. This does not surprise the boy at all - he's used to me missing calls and text messages because I'm too caught up in a book.ReplyDelete