I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and the Bookish. I'm not a meme kind of a person, but I think this one is fun. So here it goes, my Top Ten Books That Left My Mouth Hanging Open.
- The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins- The cliffhangers in these 2 books are unreal! I was going crazy needing to know what was happening next! Best series EVER!
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins- I did NOT like the ending of this series. I'm sorry to say it, but I didn't. I just didn't. I tried not to throw the book across the room through the whole thing. The ending was trite in my opinion, and I had invested 3 yrs into this series and this book made it seem like I didn't know the characters at all. Hated it.
- These is My Words by Nancy Turner- I'm going to keep adding this to my top 10 list until you read it! When I turned the last page I was crying so hard that I had to call my sister. I just wept on the phone with her. Best book ever! You need to read it!
- Godmother:The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon- The ending of this book made me shocked. I had to keep asking, "did that just really happen?" What kind of ending is that?!?!" I was furious. Shouldn't have been that way. At all. What a waste.
- Illusions by Aprilynne Pike- What a cliffhanger! This is the 3rd installment in this faerie series and I love it! The ending made me want to crawl into the book and hope to find the rest of this story. I'm dying to know what happens. Plus I'm a huge Tamani fan.
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne- The ending of this book left me in shock. I actually couldn't speak. My hand was over my mouth and I gasped but no words would come. Not for hours after I finished. Such a powerful book. Deserves a place by The Diary of Anne Frank.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- If you haven't read this series then you must be living under a rock! When I finished this book it was about 2am and I was in bed. I couldn't wait to start the next book so I went into the Kindle Store and boom, had the next book in 60 seconds and started reading it! I was tired the next morning, but I couldn't stop reading! AMAZING!
- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- This book left me in awe. Really. It is so beautifully written. I was, of course, crying at the end. An elegy to love and loss. Amazing.
- That's all I've got. Maybe I'll think of some more.
What books left you with a WHAT THE HECK?! at the ending?
everyone is featuring Suzanne Collins' books on these lists :-) I am so happy that I didn't read them until they were all in the stores, spared me the agony of waiting.ReplyDelete
I'm very curious to see where Illusions goes too. I am also Team Tamani.ReplyDelete
#6! I have Night on my TBR pile, but I'll have to see about adding Striped Pajamas, too. I don't know, though. There's only so much trauma I can take.ReplyDelete
Your first book is on almost every list, the second book is growing in popularity. I place it on my TBR list. I got to read Godmother so its on my TBR list.ReplyDelete
so many didnt like the ending of Mockingjay. I felt fine with it, didnt love it but didnt hate it either.ReplyDelete
Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight!
Completely agree with the Hunger Games. It was a jaw dropping series in and of itself. Also I really need to read City of Bones. =]ReplyDelete
Here is my Top Ten
I did not like the Mockingjay ending either, though I think I didn't hate it quite as much as you :)ReplyDelete
LOVE These is my Words. Good stuff.
I wan't impressed with Mockingjay...the ending felt incomplete to me. I'm glad the Mortal Instruments made it.ReplyDelete
Check out my first Top Ten Tuesday:
Out of The Hunger Games trilogy, I feel like Catching Fire had the most WHAT THE HECK ending for me.ReplyDelete
i LOVED These is My Words and i made my mom read it too! Such a sad ending. but such a great booK!ReplyDelete