The News Stand is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we think bookies should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this week.
- DreamWorks have picked up the rights to teen novel series Wicked. Writers Aaron and Matthew Benay are attached to adapt the bestselling books - Witch, Curse, Legacy, Spellbound, and Resurrection.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is #1 on the NY Times Best Seller List! Where the Wild Things Are has also made it to #1 this week!
- CBSnews.com says In The Recession, Libraries are booming. Check out the article.
- Folks are flocking to the libraries to look for a job. Check out what The Wall Street Journal has to say about it.
- Walmart.com has the Top New Release books for under $10. They also have the top 200 books for 50% off!