I got to thinking this morning about my favorite literary characters. Why are they my favorite and what does that say about me?
What is the fascination with literary characters? I know I was completely obsessed with Edward Cullen when I read Twilight for the first time. They aren't even real. So why are we so infatuated? My husband, LD, thinks I am absolutely bonkers when it comes to reading and my love of literary men.
I have many favorite literary characters. I hope that my love of them says something about me.
Here's my list:
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games. She is strong and independent. She can take care of herself. She cares for her family and friends before herself. I hope I can be just a little bit like her.
2. Peeta from The Hunger Games. He is kind and good. He has integrity and a heart full of love. What's not to like?
3. Henry Tilney from Northanger Abbey. He is everything a man ought to be. He is stable, independent, funny, and polite. If we could only have one of those in this time period.
4. Jo from Little Women. She takes care of her family first and foremost. She could have married Laurie and been rich and set for life, but would she have been herself and as happy as can be? She went dwn her own path. Not all those who wander are lost. Jo certainly wasn't.
5. Edward Cullen from The Twilight Saga. I have to mention him. Seriously. He is the perfect man. We all know he is. He has the perfect mix of mystery and goodness to him.
6. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Come on, how could I NOT mention him. I love him because he like so many love stories out there. We don't know we are in love with someone until it hits us in the face. He is a good man for all the right reasons...including being rich.
I have SO many more, but I want to hear who YOUR favorite literary characters are and what that says about YOU. So TELL ME!