I am all about tips and tricks. Especially when they have to do with reading. It is amazing how much time I can waste. Sitting on the internet doing nothing of importance seems to be a regular thing are here. I have found that I read more when I do these things.
Check it out::
02. Give yourself a bedtime. Not to go to sleep but to be in bed reading. I do this and it is my favorite way to read. No matter how busy my day is I always get into bed around 10 pm and read until I'm ready to go to sleep. I have a toddler and he's an early riser! If I didn't get any time to read during the day I know I'll always have time before bed.
03. Audiobooks are where it's at people! I feel like I'm totally cheating. I'm a sucker for an audiobook while I clean. I can't do the dishes without one. How long is your commute to work? You could probably get at least one more book in during the week by listening while you drive. It's effortless. My library has a meager selection but I can always find something that interests me.
04. Set reading goals. When I set a yearly/monthly reading goal I tend to read more. It keeps me on my toes and even if I fall behind I am still checking the books off my list instead of going weeks/months without reading.
05. Throw in a few novellas! Seriously. There is nothing wrong with a novella. It is just a shorter novel. They are really enjoyable too. I love to gorge myself on novellas at Christmas time. It is just enough to wet my appetite for something holiday.
06. Use an e-reader. I don't want to offend any of you hard core traditional only bookish people but I do read faster on my Kindle. I can take my books with me where ever I am without losing my place. The click click click makes it easy to read during my gym time or unexpected waiting areas at the post office and Dr's office.
07. Read this article "How to Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks." It is packed with information to get you going.
08. Get yourself a library card. Books can be expensive and we tend to not read if we don't have anything on hand. The library is stocked with books to choose from. You can even request the library to buy a book for their selection that you want to read.
Tell me your tips and tricks to reading more books!