I am all about tips and tricks. Especially when they have to do with reading. It is amazing how much time I can waste. Sitting on the internet doing nothing of importance seems to be a regular thing are here. I have found that I read more when I do these things.
Check it out::
02. Give yourself a bedtime. Not to go to sleep but to be in bed reading. I do this and it is my favorite way to read. No matter how busy my day is I always get into bed around 10 pm and read until I'm ready to go to sleep. I have a toddler and he's an early riser! If I didn't get any time to read during the day I know I'll always have time before bed.
03. Audiobooks are where it's at people! I feel like I'm totally cheating. I'm a sucker for an audiobook while I clean. I can't do the dishes without one. How long is your commute to work? You could probably get at least one more book in during the week by listening while you drive. It's effortless. My library has a meager selection but I can always find something that interests me.
04. Set reading goals. When I set a yearly/monthly reading goal I tend to read more. It keeps me on my toes and even if I fall behind I am still checking the books off my list instead of going weeks/months without reading.
05. Throw in a few novellas! Seriously. There is nothing wrong with a novella. It is just a shorter novel. They are really enjoyable too. I love to gorge myself on novellas at Christmas time. It is just enough to wet my appetite for something holiday.
06. Use an e-reader. I don't want to offend any of you hard core traditional only bookish people but I do read faster on my Kindle. I can take my books with me where ever I am without losing my place. The click click click makes it easy to read during my gym time or unexpected waiting areas at the post office and Dr's office.
07. Read this article "How to Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks." It is packed with information to get you going.
08. Get yourself a library card. Books can be expensive and we tend to not read if we don't have anything on hand. The library is stocked with books to choose from. You can even request the library to buy a book for their selection that you want to read.
Tell me your tips and tricks to reading more books!
I love to read in bed at night too. And I'm a big fan of audiobooks. I can read while I exercise or clean the house. And I definitely need to put the timer on with my social media time.ReplyDelete
Love these suggestions! I've started incorporating #2 in the past few weeks and it's been really nice to put everything away and just READ before going to sleep.ReplyDelete
I'm awful at 1, but great at 3 and 5, lol. Great suggestions, I'll have to try a proper bed time too.ReplyDelete
Haha, great post ;)ReplyDelete
I love this! It makes me want to try a little harder to get more reading in :)ReplyDelete
I love my Kindle. I was totally into the physical book until my husband bought me one for my birthday. I quickly became addicted to the convenience of it. I can carry it anywhere, it's very durable, the light makes it great for reading in bed, and if I'm ever bored I can just switch books(genres) BECAUSE MY LIBRARY IS PORTABLE!! Sorry I get overly excited about that. Also it lead me to embracing audio books (which I can also carry in my mobile library!)ReplyDelete
Now I'm checking out 52 in 52 site. Great post as always.
I've been trying to get into audiobooks but I get so distracted!ReplyDelete
Great tips - I definitely agree with your one about a library card, I couldn't live without my library. I do need to get some audiobooks as well.ReplyDelete
Good tips. Totally agree that e-readers help a lot, so handy to pull out if you get an unexpected few free minutes. I do find when reading n my tablet though, I'm all too easily distracted with emails, twitter, goodreads and my blog! Setting a limit on checking these is a great idea.ReplyDelete
BookishTrish @ Between the Lines
Thank you so much for your tips! I'm actually a bit behind on my Goodreads reading challenge because I was super busy last April.ReplyDelete
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian